Thursday 19 July 2007

Art in Action


This is a quick note for Lynda aka Purplemissus as I have just got back from Art in Action and I'm too tired to blog the whole thing tonight. We took about 2 hours to get there from Lincolnshire and had no problems till we were about 3 miles away and then got stuck in a very slow queue. Half an hour later we managed to get in but it was worth the wait. I've not been to A in A before but I did enjoy the day (more tomorrow with pix). I don't know what it's been like previously but it was very busy. There was some textile and mixed media work that was stunning - I particularly liked Rosi Robinson,Isabel Dibden Wright, Kate Wells, Susan Macarthur, Carol Farrow who works with mould made paper with cotton fibres, moulded while wet and stitched and coloured - beautiful colours. Also Iona Mackenzie Laycock working with wool fibres and pearlescent paint. When I look at the programme now I think we only scratched the surface of what was there. There were quite a lot of people selling in the market tent that were not exhibiting in the marquees. Rainbow Silks were there with a small stall - very busy - as was Oliver Twists. I think I was inhibited by my husband being there - I only bought 2 magazines and no goodies!! Lol. I'm holding myself back for the Festival of Quilts in August! :))


My brain is certainly overloaded with everything I saw and there was plenty to inspire. I would go again but I will probably leave it a year or two as it's a long way and a long day. Thank God I wasn't driving!

No comments: