Monday 17 December 2007

Festive Neighbours




I nipped out tonight to photograph our neighbours lovely Christmas lights. I took the pic without a tripod or flash so please excuse a bit of blur.

I wish I could say I'd been busily creative today but I've been busily queuing in shops and Post Office and walking my little friend so no art again today! I will however show you an ATC I have made as part of Anna's challenge as I'm going to post it off tomorrow (that's if Anna sends me her address again as my computer seems to have eaten it!).

As you can probably guess, it's been done on the embellisher. The curls of metal were made by Anna from aluminium cans I think. The photo doesn't show it but I have used metallic thread to blanket stitch the edge and to add some seeding stitches. You will have to wait to see the main part of the challenge as I want Anna to have a bit of a surprise in the post!

PS Going back to the lights above, don't you thing the figure in the balloon looks like Snoopy?!!! I have to keep doing a double take.............sorry, it must be my mind! *LOL*




3 comments:

sharon young said...

Lovely ATC, Julie,the colours are gorgeous, and the metal swirls are the perfect finishing touch!
You've got me there, I'm afraid, can't see Snoopy!

DeeMom said...

Tin cans added HOW neat

Blanket stitch YE GADS, I need to get back to the baby blanket and do that tie INS, quilt wise then Blanket stitch around what I knitted… TIME I NEED TIME….

Gina said...

Beautiful ATC Julie - colour, curls, texture - all perfect!
I can't see Snoopy but thought of Homer Simpson! Must be the yellow lights!