Friday 14 November 2008

Beautiful Bookmark

I have just completed a swap with Robin from the Yahoo group UK Embellisher Swap and today Robin's very pretty and unusual bookmark arrived together with a friend!
~
~
As you can see the bookmark is a plaited cord with 2 needle felted flowers with bells at one end and a needle felted plaque edged with dyed muslin and another felted flower at the other. You may be wondering why there is a pig and what looks like a straw with the bookmark?
~~~



Don't let your imagination run too wild! lol




~~~


Ta Dah!


~
The straw was needed to inflate the piggy who looks much happier now! The bookmark looks lovely in my current bedtime reading. I have bought the series of books by Alexander McCall Smith which were serialised on telly as the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I didn't see the series but I am thoroughly enjoying the books which are written in a wonderful lyrical style.
~
Thank you Robin for your very lovely bookmark. I will enjoy using it and I love the colours. Your parcel cheered me up today when I came home to it after a visit to the doctor's. I have been in pain all week and he thinks it may be my gall bladder! Wonderful! I have to go to the hospital for a scan. Grrrrrr!
~
Oops! nearly forgot to show you the bookmark I made for Robin.

~
It looks very plain next to Robin's!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Guzzisue said...

poor you, hope you get well soon (((hugs)))

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Love the piggy - inflated or not. Great bookmarks too.

Hope you get better soon!

Genie said...

Lovely Bookmarks Julie.
have a good weekend and get well soon

Susan D said...

You haven't missed the series. The pilot was on at Easter and they started filming during the summer so I suppose it will be on next year some time. I discovered Mma Ramotswe when it was serialised on Radio 4 and enjoyed the pilot so can't wait for the series.

Julie said...

Hi Susan. Good to hear from you :) Thanks for letting me know about Mma Ramotswe. I'll look out for the series. Can't remember why I missed the pilot now. I hope they can bring the atmosphere of the books to the screen.

sharon young said...

What a lovely surprise in your post, the book mark and the piggy are gorgeous.
So sorry to hear your not well, hope you feel better soon.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Who'd have thought? An inflatable pig! Hope you're feeling better soon, and your pain magically disappears.

Lesley's Creations said...

Hi Julie. What a lovely parcel to get through the post. Bookmark and pig! I'm quite parcial to the odd pig and have collected them since I was a little girl (most of them are stored in my loft now, short on space). I loved the 'No 1 Ladies Detective Agency' series and there is suggestion of another one to follow. Great bedtime read. xx