Sunday 25 January 2009

Thank You to Moogsmum

Posted by Picasa
Look what I made today! I wanted something to hold my pens, pastels, watercolour crayons and stuff so that I can work in my sketchbook more in the evenings and saw some bags that Lesley had made. She referred me back to a tutorial she had done some time ago and voila! My prototype basket! Excuse the wobbly top - it's my deliberate error, I should have top-stitched but I forgot. This went together surprisingly easy, the longest part was cutting everything out. I shall definitely be making some more to hold my magazines in the hope that it will make my lounge look a bit more stylish - they've got to look better than piles of magazines everywhere! (The fabric is upholstery or curtain fabric that I bought at the local Scrapstore).
~
Thank you Lesley both for the inspiration and the tutorial. If I can make these anyone can!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Very Smart!

Genie said...

a very stylish pen pot.
have a great week

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh very nice!

Heather said...

Love the pen holder. What a great idea and so versatile - stylish containers for all sorts of stuff.

sharon young said...

Lovely pen holder, Julie, great colour, it's very stylish.

Mrs Moog said...

I can't believe I'm so behind on reading blogs!
I love your basket and I'm glad the tutorial worked :-)

xxx