Wednesday 11 February 2009

Look Who Showed up Today

~
My plans to make a cloth doll to send to Australia have resulted in this little lady. I had been busy sewing all the relevant parts together and turned her right sides out and there she was! She has been made with lots of love and I hope she will comfort a small person in Australia. I didn't know I had it in me to make such a pretty little girl! If you would like the pattern you can download it here.
~
~
Mungo, who you may remember from here, wanted to help too so there will be a little group of three cuddling up in a parcel tomorrow. Mungo is an experienced parcel traveller so she will look after teddy and the cloth doll.
~
I am going to send these intrepid travellers to The Toy Society and I'd like to thank Moogsmum for sending me their address details which are:
~
The Toy Society
BUSHFIRE TOYS
PO BOX 1046
Balgowlah NSW
Australia 2094
~
OR BUSHFIRE APPEAL -
Toy Society Toys
c/o Meet Me at Mikes
63 Brunswick Street
Fitzroy
VICAustralia
~
The advice is not to wrap toys as they will need to see what age group they are best for. You can attach a note to the toy if you want to. Please email the Toy Society at mailto:thetoysociety@gmail.com before you send your contribution.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Judy Scott said...

Julie this is gorgeous :)

Gina said...

What a beautiful doll Julie. Glad Mungo is going along to help too... might have to make a friend to join them.

Mrs Moog said...

Oh Julie, she's lovely :-)
That little trio will make some small people very happy.

xxx

Dot said...

What a gorgeous version of a Ruby doll Julie! You have a very big heart and I know that the lucky child who receives this doll will love it.

And lovely of you to send a bear and the gorgeous sock toy from Gina too!

It is heartwarming to see people reach out to Australia from across the world.

You are a very special lady.

Much love

Dot xx

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Beautiful doll, for a very good cause.

Heather said...

I love your cloth doll and her companions. With the love you have stitched into her, she'll surely bring comfort and pleasure to a little person. Well done.

Ro Bruhn said...

Thanks so much Julie for all you are doing.
It's great to know there are people all over the world willing to help. I know the victims are in awe of the generosity. Some little children will adore these. They are the sort of gifts that will stay with them forever.

Mrs Mac said...

I love that doll. I'd love to have a go at making one. Trouble is though, I'm not sure I'd be able to part with it :)