Sunday 26 April 2009

It's official! Summer's here!


~

Look what we saw today! Yay! The swallows are back! This chap and his/her partner were zooming about inspecting potential nest sites in a delapidated building at Langar in the Vale of Belvoir.

~

~

You may recognise my DH in his usual stance of ace photographer during a walk we took today at Naturescape (more of which in a moment).

~

~

The glorious weather we had yesterday has continued today and as I had a day out yesterday I thought it only fair that my DH had the cahnce of a run out in the sunshine today. I have known about Naturescape at Langar for a long time but, as with so many places on your doorstep, we had never taken the time to visit. As it turned out we are too early for the wildflowers per se but, as you can see from the photo of my DH, the cowslips were stunning. Great drifts had been planted around the woldlife pond and looked amazing in the sunshine.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sharne Gregory said...

Thank you for your kind wishes with regard to my Aunts.
I didnt go to Norwich, like you I spent some of today enjoying the weather. Norwich next week instead.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

How lovely to have such a beautiful walk on your doorstep xx

Dot said...

Isn't it lovely when the warmer weather arrives?

Naturescape looks like a beautiful place - love that photo of the cowslips! I would like to frolic in that field :)

DILLY said...

MWEAH!
Hewo ickol Swallo-wagon-berd!
Welkum bak!!

¬"