Monday 6 July 2009

Circles

The post today has brought me my 3 Circles ATC cards from the latest swap at MixedMediaUK_ATC group on Yahoo. I can't remember whether I have already shown the ones I made so here they are:

~



~
I used my own sun-resist painted cotton and free-machined circles in a variegated thread and added beads and buttons.
~




~
The very pretty ATC above is from Pat and joins several other of her beautiful pieces of work in my collection.
~




~

This intriguing ATC with faces came from Maureen.
~



~
And finally Becky, who organised the swap, sent me this exciting interpretation of the theme. The background is collaged with textured papers and I love the metallic thread woven circle. Thank you ladies for your lovely work. :-)

~
Also in the post recently were two items that were long awaited and couldn't be resisted!

~



~
Lynda Monk and Carol McFee's inspiring first book and Maggie Grey's latest book Stitches Straps & Layers, which was published on the same day. Both books are a credit to the d4daisy team and are lavishly illustrated with very tempting photographs. The internet is wonderful but you can't beat holding a colourful and imaginative book and taking your time to soak it all in! I've got my eye on several projects from both books when I've caught up on my current projects.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Very interesting to see the interpretations of circles. I think they have such potential.

Heather said...

All the ATCs are so clever and unusual - yours are really pretty. I am always surprised by the variety that a themed swap produces. The books are fantastic aren't they? I take mine up to bed to browse through and then bring them down in the morning for sneeky peeks during the day.

Genie said...

Hi Julie
lovely circles, and the books are great, a i am still deciding on what to start on first.

Ann Christy said...

These ACTs are lovely - there are some clever people about!
I must get on and order those books!!!!

Dot said...

Hi Julie - I LOVE your circle ATC's! You always use such beautiful colors and your composition is lovely too. Am sure the ladies you swapped with loved them.
Your new books look like they will give you lots of inspiration - and no calorie eye candy!
Sending you a hug from Australia
Dot xx

Mrs Mac said...

Is it hard to machine stitch circles?

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Just a quickie, mainly to say "Hello" and I'll catch up with all your inspiring things very soon!

Have a great weekend coming up!

Love, Carolyn x

Angela said...

Your ATCs are lovely Julie as are the ones you have recieved in the post.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I like the top wun as it maykes me think ov Smarties.

Unknown said...

I love the ATC's you created! Very inspiring; I've been meaning to get back to circles and now I just might do that.