Wednesday 26 August 2009

FOQ 4

Other quilts that caught my eye were:

~



~
Grietje van der Veen's very textural "Diving For Pearls".
~


~
It's detailed surface includes applique, hand embroidery, knotted fabric balls and machine quilting. [n.b. added 27 August 10.20am My catalogue note was Fantastic! Texture! and I love all the detail but I was too tired to write any more when I put this post up last night :-) and I've since found a link to Grietje]

~

This triptych below is by Jane Attwood and was inspired by the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, especially the colours and textures of the beach and fossil cliffs'.

~


~

The piece below is by Jacqui Cotterill and is titled 'Green Bay'. It is 'a colour study of sea and sky in the Scilly Isles with ripples and textures from water and island'.

~



~
Click on all images for a closer look.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marlis said...

what a surprise to see my friend grietje van der veen's work of art on your blog!!