Sunday 13 March 2011

Photoshop Essentials Course

I'm just nipping in here to let you know that the very talented Kim Klassen is offering her Photoshop Essentials Course again starting on Tuesday this week.  If you missed out when Kim did this course earlier this year it's well worth brushing up your skills now.  Kim is an excellent teacher and she'll soon have you using Photoshop with ease.  You can link to Kim's site from the button in my side bar or by clicking here.  You can also sign up to receive her email newsletter and benefit from her free textures.  I don't have any affiliation with Kim, I'm just delighted that I have had the chance to learn from her clear and entertaining videos otherwise my Elements 6 would still be languishing unloved and neglected on my computer.  

I'll be back soon with a catch up but I must get to bed now.  Mum is happy and settling in well in her care home.  Her forgetfulness has its funny side, I went to see her on Friday around lunchtime.  The carers brought her lunch in to the lounge and after she had eaten half of it she suddenly got up and left the room.  When she didn't come back I went to look for her and found her in the dining room eating a pudding and drinking tea!  She'd forgotten all about me and her dinner!  Pudding was much more interesting! LOL






Belton House where we had a lovely visit with some friends today because I can't do a post without a photo :-)

MY heart goes out to the poor people of Japan who are facing such a terrifying time.  So many natural disasters in recent times.

11 comments:

Susan D said...

Glad to hear your Mum is settled in her new home. It is good that you can see the funny side after all the upset of recent weeks, keep on remembering the good times you've had with your Mum.

Timaree said...

I thought about signing up for it this time but decided to wait till she offers it again. I had to buy a new printer this month and also phone minutes. Signing up for a couple of other classes didn't help. I need to do hers when I haven't signed up for anything else. PS takes all my thinking skills!

Well of course pudding takes front billing! I'm glad to see you found a bit of humor. I'd have wanted the tea myself.

Heather said...

Good to know your Mum is settling in and happy. Mine always thought it was breakfast time when we went to see her and would say 'You got up early today', when it was actually mid-afternoon. Lovely photo on this post, and enjoy your new course.

Emma said...

You brough a smile to my face despite all the horrors going on. I never finished the last KK class, next winter maybe?!

Angela said...

It's really good that your mum is happy.Lovely photo of Belton House.

Maggi said...

I'm so glad that you did Kim's class as your results have been great.
Good news that your mum has settled in well. Doesn't pudding always take priority?

pam said...

Oh Belton house - one of my favorite places _ I love lunch in the stables! Glad Mum is settling well - humour is the only way to cope with it - we used to. Dad would not eat the food on his plate he always wanted from someone elses - so we all used to do it - the kids thought it was great!!!!

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Thanks for letting me know about this very interesting Photoshop course....... It is something I shall look into.

Loved the little story about your mum ;O)

Will you be coming to the AGM in Exerter?
If not, hope to see you at the FOQ!

Jackie said...

Goodness you've had a hectic three posts! You must feel so much better now you rMum is safe and close by. Enjoy your Elements courseI'd do it again ...but I can't concentrate., now you can concentrate.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

It waz good to reed yor Mummy is ok at her new playce. Granny has a cold at the moment.

Mummy gets wownd up cos she keeps sniffing an won't yews a tishoo. But I don't think this is fare cos I'm not eevn shor if thare is a Bear designaytid as Tishoo Ishooer in Granny's howse.

DILLY said...

Hewoooo Joooooooooolie!!!!